Saturday 12 February 2011

100

Tonight is going to be a long night.  I can tell.  This is due to the fact that I didn't actually drag myself out of bed until about 4 o'clock this afternoon.  For once it wasn't due to a bipolar episode, so "Yay!" to that.  It was because I had a massive migraine and felt extremely icky.  I am now dosed up on enough ibuprofen to make a small elephant woozy, but feeling a lot better (again, "Yay!") and feeling the urge to blog.  But I didn't know what about.


Lo and behold, the Diva answered my prayers.  She has posted a "get-to-know-me-better" type questionnaire on her blog (which you should really check out because she is completely awesome).  I love reading these kind of lists on other peoples blogs as it gives an insight to what they're like in real life.  Not to mention the fact that I'm a nosy cow.  So I thought I'd post one for all you fellow nosy bastards inquisitive people out there.  And so the Diva has given me her very kind permission to plagiarize re-post her questionnaire with my own answers, and I've added a few more questions to round it up to 100 facts.  Yes, it's true; I have no life.


So, here you go.  Everything you didn't know you wanted to know about me but couldn't be bothered were afraid to ask...

(And if you manage to read all 100 of them, I will send you a cookie.  A virtual cookie, but a cookie none the less.  "Yay!")


1.  How tall are you?
5 feet, 3 and a half inches.  The half inch is very important.

2. When's your birthday?
2nd July.

3.  Do you have any tattoos?
Yes.  One on my upper arm.

4.  Do you have any piercings?
Two; one in my right nostril and one in my right eyebrow.

5.  What's your favourite colour?
Purple.

6.  What's your favourite smell?
 Lavender.

7.  Which is your favourite season?
Autumn.

8.  What is the favourite part of your body?
My big brown moo cow eyes.

9.  What is your favourite thing to cook?
I don't cook.  I heat things up.

10.  What are your favourite pizza toppings?
Meat, meat, meat and meat.
  
11.  What is your favourite movie?
"Gone With The Wind"


12.  What's your favourite TV show?
"Buffy the Vampire Slayer".  I know it finished years ago, but it's still my favourite.

13.  If you were a cartoon character, who would you be?
Daria Morgendorffer

14.  What was your first pet?
A cat called Scampi.  She tried to kill me.

15.  Who was your first celebrity crush?
Michael J. Fox as Marty McFly.

16.  What was the first concert you went to?
New Kids on the Block.  *cringe*


17.  What is the first album you ever brought?
"Hysteria" - Def Leppard.

18.  What was the name of your first best friend?
Ebby. 

19.  When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A fairy princess or a baby elephant.  Yes, really. 

20.  Who was your first boyfriend/girlfriend?
A total pig whose sister threatened to beat me up unless I agreed to go out with him.  He then went on to attempt to rape an 8 year old girl.  It screwed me up for a long time.

21.  Which superhero power would you most like to have?

Either invisibility or flight.  Invisible flight? 

22.  Did you enjoy school?
The lessons, on the whole, yes.  The people, not so much.

23.  Do you play any instruments?
Only my voice.

24.  What kind of music do you like?
Pretty much everything, although I'm not too keen on trance.

25.  Where is your dream holiday destination?
Disneyworld!

26.  What sports do you play?
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!  That's funny!


27.  What's your favourite childhood memory?
Going on the ladybird merry-go-round in just my underwear at the seaside.  (I was about 4 at the time I hasten to add.)

28.  What is your blood-type?
I have no idea.  Is that bad?

29.  Do you believe in ghosts?
Definitely.

30.  Do you believe in God?
I don't know.

31.  Do you believe in karma?
What goes around definitely comes around.

32.  Do you believe in life in outer space?
Yes.  It's too ignorant of us to believe that we're the only ones in this great big universe.

33.  Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes.


34.  Have you ever broken a bone?
I dislocated my knee doing the "Time Warp" when I was 19 if that counts. 

35.  Do you watch or read the news?
I sometimes watch it.

36.  What is your guilty pleasure?
Musicals.  Love 'em (except "High School Musical".  Yuk.)

37.  Are you a morning person or a night person?
Night, but not by choice.

38.  If you could have dinner with a famous person (dead or alive) who would you choose?
Stephen Fry.  He is a genius.

39.  If you could swap gender for one day, what would you do?
Drink beer and pee up walls.

40.  Do you have any hidden talents?
I can baton twirl.  I used to be a majorette. 

41.  What was the last lie you said?
"Sorry, I didn't receive the bill."


42.  When was the last time you cried?
Yesterday, while watching the 25th anniversary "Les Miserables" concert on DVD.  I always tear up when I hear "One Day More".




43.  Have you ever cried during a movie?
I didn't cry when Bambi's mum got shot, but I do get emotional at the end of "Monsters Inc." and "Wall-E".

44.  Who makes you laugh?
Men.  They're so silly.

45.  Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
No.  I'd be too embarrassed.

46.  Have you ever been drunk?
Ohhh, yes!  Lots.

47.  Have you ever tried tried drugs?
I used to smoke pot every now and then.

48.  Do you smoke?
Yes, far too much.  But no pot anymore.

49.  What is your ideal way to spend an evening alone?
Wearing my pyjamas, eating copious amounts of junk food, drinking white wine, watching a good movie and sleeping in the bed like a starfish.

50.  If you could change only one thing about yourself, what would it be?

My lack of courage.

51.  What is your proudest achievement?
Getting my first lead role in a play and winning a prize for it a couple of years ago.  I made a very convincing 14 year old

52.  Have you ever been to the hospital other then birth?
Once, when I had my tonsils out.


53.  Do you think you're attractive?
Not particularly.

54.  What are you afraid of?
The dentist, clowns, rapists and life.

55.  What is your biggest pet hate?
Stupidity.

56.  Which celebrity would you most like to slap round the face with a wet fish?
Katie Price or Jordan, or whatever she's calling herself this week.

57.  Do you have any phobias?
Reoccuring agoraphobia.

58.  Do you have a collection of anything?
Bad memories.

59.  Are you religious?
I'm agnostic.

60.  Who are your heroes?
As cliched as it sounds, my mum.  She was the bravest person I've ever known.

61.  What do you want your friends to think about you?
They must think I'm okay if they're my friends.

62.  Whats the biggest argument you've ever gotten into?
I can't remember.  It was so long ago.  And we were drunk.

63.  Have you ever wanted to murder someone?
Only in the heat of the moment.

64.  Have you ever hated someone?
Yes, including myself.

65.  What person do you trust the most?
I don't trust anyone 100%, but I trust Boyf more than anyone else.

66.  What is the best compliment you have ever received?
A girl who I really admire once told me she couldn't speak to me for a few months after we first met because she thought I was too cool.  That was really flattering.

67.  Would you ever tell the person you have a crush on that you like them?
I'd like to say yes, but I'd probably chicken out.


68.  Have you ever been in love?
Yes.

69.  Who was the last person you couldn't take your eyes off of?
Boyf.  He's beautiful.


70.  Would you ever have sex before marriage?
Been there, done that.

71.  How old were you when you lost your virginity?
18.  It was disappointing to say the least.

72.  Have you ever had an online relationship?
Not a serious one.

73.  Have you ever had phone-sex?
Maybe... ;)

74.  Have you ever had cybersex?
Kind of...

75.  Have you ever bitten someone?
Regularly ;)

76.  What's your biggest turn off?
Hairy backs and bad breath.

77.  Do you have a celebrity crush?
Tim Minchin.  Oh, yes, please...


78.  What is the longest crush/relationship you have had?
My longest relationship was almost 6 years.  Isn't it wonderful when you look back on an ex and say to yourself, "What the hell was I thinking?"

79.  Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours?
Boyf.
And Tim Minchin.
And James Marsters.
Preferably at the same time.
Tiger growl.

80.  Would you ever participate in a threesome?
See above.

81.  What is your greatest strength?
My empathy and my imagination.

82.  What is your greatest weakness?
Believing the best in people.  And my imagination.

83.  What stereotype would you label yourself as being?
"Different."

84.  Would your friends agree with that stereotypic label?
Probably.

85.  Do you remember your dreams?
Yes, especially the reoccurring dream about the red pandas locked out of the house.

86.  Do you say meaner things to your friends or your enemies?
I'd like to think my enemies.

87.  Who is your favourite person to talk to?
Boyf.  (He's getting mentioned a lot in this.)


88.  Who is always able to cheer you up when you're sad?
My friend, Vodka.

89.  Do you have a secret that you're ashamed of?
Not that I can think of right now, but probably.

90.  Are you happy with the person you are becoming?
Not really.

91.  Are you a different person now then you were 5 years ago?
Well, I'm definitely older.  And fatter.

92.  How do you vent your anger?
I seethe in silence until it goes away.  If it doesn't, I explode.

93.  Have you ever been diagnosed with a mental illness?
What do you think?

94.  Have you ever cut yourself on purpose?
Yes.

95.  Have you ever attempted suicide?
Yes.

96.  What couldn't you live without?
Hope.

97.  Have you ever seen a dead body?
Two, unfortunately.

98.  What happens after you die?
Either heaven or reincarnation.  I refuse to believe that this is it.

99.  Are you happy with the life you have?
Not really, but it could be worse.

100.  What do you want your gravestone to read?
"Lived, loved, slept."


There you have it.  100 pieces of completely useless information about yours truly.  If you managed to get this far, you either have the patience of a saint or you're looking for a cure to insomnia.  Either way, let me know and I'll send you a "cookie".  And if you're feeling brave, feel free to take the "100 Question Challenge" yourself (and don't forget to leave a link to it in the comments box if you do).

Well, it's now 6a.m. and I'm nowhere near sleep.  Maybe it's time to consider sticking my head in the dryer to knock me out.  "Yay!"

(?)

4 people love me ♥ Add a comment...:

Maundering mutterer said... [Reply to comment]

Yoweeee! That's a whole lot of questions and answers. Now me, I don't have piercings, but I do love a skinny dip. Loved the gender swop answer!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

OK-- I didn't read all 100. But I did a good skim job. Funny stuff!
My birthday is also July 2. Hmm.

Glad your migraine is over. And I personally don't like your self reference as a "cow". I realize you are joking, but I don't like it. So there.

I love your posts! Such great variety and complexity. Fabulous.

Sher said... [Reply to comment]

Just started reading you and I think your great:) If I had to gender swap, I think I would just want to scratch my balls all , though I think Peeing standing up would be kinda cool too lol. My first concert was also New kids thought I do not cringe, I still love them. I know very sad at 35 lol

A said... [Reply to comment]

I don't cringe at the embarrassment of being a NKOTB fan so much as the amount of money I spent on them and the amount of screaming I did at their concerts. I still get a little twinkle in my eye whenever I think of Donnie Wahlberg...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...