Monday 2 May 2011

7 Things About My So-Called Life


How are you?

I'm okay, thanks for asking.


This is a quickie blog just to let you all know I'm still alive and kicking, and to fill you in on 7 unimportant, random things I've been up to and feeling since I last wrote.  Yes, it's a Blog-For-Blogs-Sake Blog.  But only because I ♥ u :)

1.

I'm starting to resemble the Hunchback of Notre Dame as I'm constantly leaning over a canvas with a paintbrush in hand.  Creations of late have included Team Rocket from Pokemon, a Gremlin eating popcorn and the damn Firebird from Fantasia 2000 (which was extremely difficult and I will not be painting again unless it's for a gazillion pounds).  I can't explain the feeling of satisfaction I'm experiencing at the moment.  I'm doing something I enjoy and people think I'm good at it!  It's the greatest feeling ever, ever, ever!

And as a result, I was able to buy... (drumroll please)... NEW PYJAMAS!  YAY!

2.
I woke up today to discover Osama Bin Laden is dead.

Good.

And that's all I have to say about that.

3.
I didn't watch any of the royal wedding.  I saw some photos after the fact, and they did get my heckles up a bit.  I've wanted a wedding dress like that ever since I first paraded around my bedroom with a pillow case on my head humming Here Comes The Bride.

(Don't look at me like that.  Every little girl has done it.  I just happened to do it last year.)


Now if I ever get married (which according to a reliable source will be "the day after hell freezes over", everyone will think I'm copying her.  She was copying me!  Well, copying my imagination anyway.

4.
I've been watching a lot of Twin Peaks.  Bloody love that show.

5.
I'm rapidly going off Twitter.  I think there must be something I'm missing because I really don't see what the big deal is.  I've had a few random chats with some fellow bloggers which have been lovely (even if I was on  the vodka at the time), but other than that I'm not really getting much out of it.

6.

I'm still living with the after effects of my Lambada Lungs, not so much physically but kind of emotionally, as some people still haven't forgiven me for being ill.

I remember the days when "I'm not talking to her anymore" was reserved for the school playground...  Happy days...

So.  Whatever.  I was really upset about it.  Tears were shed.  Then I was really angry.  Swears were shouted.  And now... Now I'm spent.  If "friends" want to think so little of me, so be it.  My conscience is clear.  I know I'm not a bad person.

(And if you have no idea what I'm blabbering about, go here to be enlightened.)

7.
I still haven't heard a Justin Beiber song.



All in all, things aren't bad at the moment.  Actually, they're kind of good.

It kind of worries me.

After all, it's when things are going good that something is bound to go bad.



Shite.

5 people love me ♥ Add a comment...:

Deborah said... [Reply to comment]

LOL ... I loved the 7 things, and your paintings are amazing!

A said... [Reply to comment]

@Deborah
Thank you x

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so glad to hear what you've been up to! You deserve to be happy and to be enjoying life.
Your paintings are stunning! I really, really love your work.
You made me laugh too... a wonderful thing.
I know the feeling about waiting for something bad to happen, but release that for now if you can. You deserve success!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Found your blog off of Mulderfan's. I checked out more of the paintings and they're stunning!

I read your profile bio there and laughed a hearty laugh!

I'll be parusing your archives now!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I goofed. It was Ruth's We Are One where I found your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...